APATEQ receives Start-up Europe Award from the European Commission
- The European Commission along with Finnova Foundation announced the winners of the annual Start-up Europe Awards (SEUA) and APATEQ was awarded with an extraordinary distinction.
- Clean-tech company APATEQ was honoured for its green and compact water and wastewater treatment systems.
- The award ceremony took place at the European Parliament in Brussels in presence of Antonio Tajani, President of the European Parliament, and Carlos Moedas, EU-Commissioner for Research, Science and Innovation.
Clean-tech company APATEQ received an extraordinary award at the Start-up Europe Award ceremony (SEUA) from the European Commission along with Finnova Foundation. The annually held event took place at the European Parliament in Brussels (Belgium) on June 7th in presence of Antonio Tajani, President of the European Parliament, and Carlos Moedas, EU-Commissioner for Research, Science and Innovation. The goal of the SEUA is to identify local role models in each ecosystem of start-ups across Europe. APATEQ was awarded for its green and compact wastewater treatment systems that represent a technological benchmark in the markets served.
Ivana Maletic, Member of the European Parliament from Croatia, presented the awards in the water category. “For 2050 it is expected that the consumption of water will double. It is necessary to develop new ways of facing the problem, and circular economy seems to be the base of this innovation. Recuperating the water coming from industrial sub-processes for the re-incorporation into the economic cycle, in order to be used as irrigation water and for other industrial processes”, said Ivana Maletic. “I am glad to see that start-ups from all around have put all their workforce, intellectual value and interest in developing new ways of facing the reality of water: APATEQ has developed new concept for water treatment, purifying and raising awareness about the topic of water.”
“Being honoured with this award by the European Commission presents another milestone in our company’s positive development since inception in 2013“, states APATEQ Senior Marketing and Communication Manager Birgit Prochnow. “The Start-up Europe Award presents an excellent opportunity to bring together the most innovative start-up companies in Europe and offers a platform for networking and extensive media exposure. We are extremely proud being selected among the winning companies.”
Besides APATEQ, winners in the water category of the Start-up Europe Award are Waterview (Italy) and APSU (Spain). More details about the event can be found here.
Photos (originator: Start-up Europe Awards):
- Finnova Director Juan Manuel Revuelta (second from left); APATEQ Senior Marketing and Communication Manager Birgit Prochnow (centre) speaking after reception of the extraordinary Start-up Europe award from Ivana Maletic, Member of the European Parliament from Croatia (right)
- APATEQ Senior Marketing and Communication Manager Birgit Prochnow (second from left); EU-Commissioner for Research, Science and Innovation Carlos Moedas (fifth from left); President of the European Parliament Antonio Tajani (centre)
APATEQ – PWT S.A. develops and manufactures turnkey, custom designed produced water treatment systems for oil and gas field operators, compact wastewater treatment plants for demanding applications and full solution systems for the treatment of industrial wastewater. With decades of experience in the water and wastewater business and global industrial product manufacturing and commercialization, APATEQ’s corporate and technical team is comprised of dedicated experts whose focused goal is client satisfaction, environmental protection and water conservation. APATEQ is, among others, winner of the Frost & Sullivan Best Practices Award, the Red Herring Global 100 Award and has been selected Technology Pioneer by the World Economic Forum.
For more information, visit www.apateq.com
- On June 9, 2017