Scope of the Luxembourg maritime sector
Luxembourg is home to a thriving and diversified maritime business
Why is Luxembourg attractive for maritime actors?
- Major flagship companies established in Luxembourg, recognized and competitive quality flag managed by a customer-minded Maritime Authority with ISO9001 certification.
- Sterling expertise to global shipowners, traders, and charterers in finance, law, consulting, training, ship management, accounting, ICT, telecommunications and insurance.
- 2nd rank of Logistics Performance Index, regular and direct flights to the main European capitals, strong logistics sector and infrastructures (inland river port of Mertert, multimodal platform of Bettembourg, international airport at Findel), TIER4 datacenters.
6 REASONS WHY BLUE CHIP COMPANIES HAVE SETTLED IN LUXEMBOURG
- Widespread proficiency in English, French and German, lifelong training opportunities, financial incentives and investments for R&D projects, start-up nation with numerous incubators and dedicated government agency for innovation
- Access to decision-makers, stable regulatory framework, investor-friendly tax regime and political institutions, transparent legal system and support by the Government, economy open to the world (Ranked 1st by Doing Business for Trading across Borders), Euro-zone member, high quality of life
- Most maritime companies and involved service providers are part of the Luxembourg Maritime Cluster, private-public coordination of promotional activities